Monday, 19 July 2010

Monday afternoon

I'm just looking round me as I type this - with a fresh pair of eyes.

Have you noticed, or is it just me, that you go on your own sweet way never noticing what is actually around you - or the state it's in - and then something happens, like a visitor arrives in the house and all of a sudden, you are seeing everything through their eyes ( like Mary's, she arrives tomorrow) and it's not a pretty sight!

Ian has very kindly volunteered to pick her up at the train station, which reminds me I'd better tell him how travel sick she gets in cars. The last time she came up, she got off at Stonehaven and by the time I got her to Banchory she was 'green'!

She's staying till Friday so hopefully we'll be able to orchestrate a meeting between her and Carole and Luca. It'll probably be our only opportunity before the wedding!

So, back to today, this will be a short entry because I think I should get the hoover out and lift all the fluff off this wooden floor!

What's been going on since I last spoke to you?

Nothing worth mentioning really. Mass and coffee at the Milton yesterday. Swimming at Westhill today.

Ross is out on a couple of jobs this afternoon. He has picked up some work with 'The Old Mill Inn' and with a helicopter company near Peterculter. . . finger's crossed.

I decided while I was swimming today that I'm going to go back into Ancestry.co.uk again and see if I can find my great great granny Jane Pfaff's sisters in the census of 1891.

I've discovered that great great granda Johann Pfaff died of typhoid in 1892 but the trail goes cold there for great great granny and I'd love to know what happened to her.

I can't find a death certificate for her but in the next census - the 1901 census, I found an Eva Pfaff (great granny Pfaff Sowerby's youngest sister was Eva) in an orphanage! If it's the right one, what happened to the rest of the family to cause her to end up in an orphanage.

Eva is the sister that family lore would have us believe ran away with a troupe of actors to South America!

Ian's home :)

Just for interest - 2004 Kate Ling's wedding.
Kate has just had another wee girl. . . Lucy! She's living in Houston just now. Ted and Christina are going over to Houston on saturday!

No comments: