Well. . . what a disaster yesterday turned out to be!
As I collected Luca from nursery, he asked if he could run to the car. It was safe - or so I mistakenly thought - so I said to go ahead.
Big mistake, he took off, only to trip over his own feet!
And as I watched helplessly, he flew forward, scraping along the ground as he landed, like a plane that had forgotten to put down its landing gear :(
A scraped cheek, forearm and a big stone embedded in the palm of his hand.
Oh poor wee Luca.
At this point, I was occupied with the thought of getting the embedded stone out of his hand without too much distress. . .
It wasn't till we'd been home a while that I began to notice that he wasn't using his right arm and was keeping it close to his body.
So after a bit of humming and hawing, he and Ross and I ended up at ARI Children's A&E, having left voice and text messages for Mum and Dad!
Reassuring, 'just in case' messages!
And so the tragic story unrolled.
Although from the following photos, you wouldn't think so.
Luca agreed it was a really nice place and apart from when the doctor prodded him and when his mum had to work hard to reassure him that having a bone photo would be good fun, he enjoyed the whole experience.
It was quite obvious when the painkillers started to work!
In fact when it was all over and three emotionally shattered adults were ready to go home, little perky was all ready to play 'tea times' in the little kitchen area at reception !!
No comments:
Post a Comment