Saturday, 4 September 2010

Saturday morning




A flower in my garden.
It's here just to cheer the page up!

Two minutes while my towelling dressing gown dries me off.

I've had my shower, and am heading off to the supermarket when I'm dry.

Sitting flicking through 'Stowe of Somewhere in England' - help me out here - I can't remember the name of the company. They sell bedlinen and furniture and bits and bobs.

Anyway, I noticed they had a weather proofed wicker set for the garden. Two basket chairs and a little two seater couch and I just said, in a casual way in the passing as you do, that I quite fancied buying it. We could use it in the back garden in the summer and put it on the porch at the front door in the winter. . . just mentioned it. . . that's all.

The set we had in the back garden gave up the ghost this year when I fell through one of the chairs and discovered the table and two of the chairs were rotten all the way through!

So
. . . now I know the house is a mess! It's cluttered and full of 'stuff'!
And a certain person is not happy about more coming in till a great deal goes out.
This same person reminded me of a comment I made when Mary last came up. . . you know the one about seeing your house through somebody elses eyes and getting the shock of your life.

Hmm. . . Is this a time for action?

Mental note: The Box Room (the local charity second hand furniture shop) has set up a collection point at the tip.

There's a big wicker TV cabinet in the little bedroom .
Then there's that very uncomfortable fouton.
Should I consider letting the old dining room table and chairs go?
There's the kitchen wall units in the garage still.

An initial foray through the house is called for, yes?

That's me dry. I'm off to get dressed and head for Morrisons.

No comments: