Our Skype this morning caused me to miss the bin men :(
So I had to lift all the rubbish into the boot of the car and take it to the tip myself!
Yuck.
Moving on . . . You know, I can't think what I've been doing since last Friday. How come it's been so long since I blogged?
Well let me think.
Sunday was Mother's Day and Gary took Carole and I to the cinema with a visit to Chequito's for lunch thrown in. . . Carole had salad with her chicken in a bun, but I chose chips.
I hardly ever eat chips these days so I reckoned if Gary was going to treat me, I should make it worth my while :)
I enjoyed 'Alice in Wonderland', though I'm not sure how much difference the 3D glasses made. I think you got more for your money with Avator.
Non the less, the gift was much appreciated :)
Talking about 3D glasses reminded me of the story Kelly told me this morning about the comedy act she went to see the other night at the Adelaide Fringe.
They gave you 3D glasses as you went in because, they said, there would be a 3D section in the show.
At the appointed time, they were all told to and duly put on the 3D glasses. At which point, the comedians started throwing things, like huge beach balls, out into the audience.
I'm glad to hear that others are as gullible as me!!
OK. What else has happened?
The washing machine engineer came on Monday and replaced the brushes in the motor of the washing machine which was why the drum wouldn't turn.
Interestingly, he told me I only have to use about half the amount of soap that the manufacturers recommend and he said that the reason my clothes are stiff when they're dried outdoors or on the pulley is because they still have soap in them because I've used too much in the first place!
So I'm going to use a lot less and see how I get on. . . I'll let you know.
The baby in the photos is Freya Rose. Anne's grandaughter.
Cute wee thing isn't she?
Tuesday afternoon, I went and picked up Luca from Nursery and brought him over here for tea.
"Sausages, beans and mashed potatoes? Yes?"
"No!"
"What?"
"No like."
"If you don't eat your natural goodness then you can't have the chocolate milk in the fridge."
"Mmm."
Over to the fridge.
Open it.
Lean in and pick up the box of eggs.
"This is what I want to eat," said with a pained expression and a pleading voice as he held them out to me.
Boiled egg on the table, with top off.
"Nooooo, not like that! On a plaaaate!"
Get a plate.
Not sure what to do with it.
"Take skin off egg."
Spoon the little top bit out onto the plate.
"Noooo. Not like that!"
"Luca. I need you to show me what to do."
Child lifted the eggcup with the egg in it and placed it on the plate.
"Theeeere."
Satisfied.
He ate the egg.
Wednesday, I went to the hairdresser.
Ian said my haircut was nice, last night.
And Kelly said she liked it too, when she saw it this morning on Skype.
A wee bit darker again and shorter at the back.
I've no idea how it'll be to look after. . . might regret my decision after the first wash.
Fingers crossed.
Thursday, I've been for coffee to the Sheiling with Janice, Tina and Alison. And very nice it was, too.
And here I am back at where I started. . . just back from the tip.
Case almost filled. Will probably get over to Lucy's and realise I've left half my stuff behind.
Och well. It won't be the end of the world.
Just to finish, would you like to see the state of our road after the snow?
Dreadful isn't it!
No comments:
Post a Comment