Wednesday, 10 March 2010

Thursday 11th March

For no other reason than I like photos on my blog, here's one taken when we were in Norway. You must have taken this one, Gary, seeing as your the one not in the photo!
This was during your "I'm too old and sophisticated to go on holiday with my mum and dad!" phase, Lucy - hence the reason we don't see you either!

Thanks for the comment about 'Hurt Locker', by the way, Gary. I was dumfounded when I heard it had got that award. Nice to know I'm not alone! :)

It's half past seven in the morning and I've almost lost that stunned feeling. This morning I woke at seven with eyes that refused to open and that 'hit by a lorry' sensation in every muscle!

Can't think why as I was asleep just after ten last night.

Och well, never mind. The day is young. And I'm not going to eat as much as I did yesterday. I'm failing completely in my efforts to maintain a healthy lifestyle and diet. Still I've got till November to do something as that's when I get my annual check up.

Quickly change the subject . . . yesterday, the weather was beautiful and the snowy outcrops that still adorn our landscape sparkled in the sun.
Wished I'd had my camera with me to capture some of the images.
Of course when I say the snowy outcrops, I mean some of them. The rest of them are filthy and black; pocked with grit and soot.

Johanne, Myra, Elizabeth and I toddled down to Banchory Lodge yesterday morning for 'Coffee with a Purpose'!
It's a churchy thing. Once every couple of months they have a speaker come. The speakers are usually author's promoting their books.
The last time I went it was to listen to Paul Jones - you know he used to sing with Manfred Mann and yesterday it was Jonathon Aitken's turn - the Tory mp who went to jail.

Linda Bagrath was there. You know Ian's buddy Jazz's wife.
Johanne asked her how she had enjoyed her cruise and she wasn't very enthusiastic in her response!
Well that was a turn up for the books. . . Ian and I have over the last year been inandated with positive comments about what wonderful experiences cruises are and here is somebody who's saying otherwise.

Linda said that your every need is catered for on the ship but having to be back on board every night for your dinner by half five was a big negative for her. She didn't feel there was enough time on shore.

RS. . .
The bad news is he's getting up later and later again. Yesterday it was two oclock in the afternoon before he emerged.
"It's my body clock," he says.
He's got this theory that he runs on a 25 hour clock while the rest of us run on 24!!

The good news is he's got loads of work on just now.
One customer whose daughter's laptop he fixed, has brought him his own computer which he says is just out of a repair shop and isn't right and he's had a call from another person who had him recommended by a friend. Looking good.

Luca was over on Tuesday for his tea. He and Ross and I had a picnic tea on the back room carpet - just for a wee change.
I'd picked him up from nursery in the afternoon where I'd had to sign the Naughty Book (actually it's the incident book) because his lordship had hit another child over the head with a plantpot. Oh the embarrassment of it! :)
I'm assuming it was an empty plastic pot!!

No comments: