Monday, 20 July 2009

Monday lunchtime

Ian is out at the shops just now, the boys are watching cartoons in the living room and I've finally managed to find my glasses.

Weren't they on your face? You ask.
Well in years gone by, they would have been but with maturity comes eyesight changes and I'm getting more like my father every year in that respect.

I remember he used to take his glasses off to read and that's exactly what I have to do now... and I keep forgetting where I've left them.

Is it time to chain them round my neck?

Tell us more about your holiday, I hear you cry!

OK!

Yesterday was another beautiful sunny day so we stayed home and sat in the garden - in the shade - sipping fruit juice with ice.
The boys played in the pool, Lucy did a spot of housework and then came out to join me and I read my book - lounging on a sun chair.

In the evening as the temperature dropped a little we took off for dinner at Summer Jo's.


Scott donned his golf shirt - and very nice it is too!



Some photos taken inside Summer Jo's follow:


Ian,



Lucy and Braeden,



Scott and Cade.
The gardens and vegetable plots at the back of the restaurant were avery pleasant distraction since our table wasn't ready when we arrived!






Ian informed the boys that the lilly pond was 60 feet deep but they were still quite happy to stand up on the rim and pose for this photo...I, on the other hand felt distinctly tingly watching them stand so close to the edge!!


Now, here's a lovely family portrait. You've already seen this composition on Ian's blog but this one is minus the back of me :)

And below is a photo of Ian and I with Braeden and Cade sitting on a rather rickety garden seat.
It could have been at this point that the mozzy attacked me.
I woke this morning with my first red lump!
It's on my arm... I've taken an antihistamine pill so hopefully it won't come to anything.
I was just congratulating myself yesterday on how I'd had no mozzy bites since I arrived in America.
I was even flirting with the idea that I was now immune to them!
Well no, not yet, is the answer to that query!


Does anyone else notice how wide everyone is in these photos, or is it just me.
Maybe I'll try lenthening them tomorrow!

No comments: