Almost a week since I wrote on the blog.
It's six thirty in the morning and the house is beginning to stir.
Lucy and Bailley have appeared in the kitchen and almost at the same moment, the door from the garage has opened and Ian has walked past with a silent nod.
Scott's just appeared too... hopefully the boys will sleep a bit longer or it will be a very long day for old Granda Ian and Granny Jo as we are holding the fort today!
Lucy and Scott are both working.
Last Tuesday seems like an eternity ago.
'Trip 2' to the hospital was ghastly and I'm very relieved I took Ross up on his offer to go with me because I'm not sure I would have made it home without him!
The proceedure was quite straight forward...in fact the place was full of people getting the same thing.
It was like a conveyer belt.
Step 1. nurses room - injected with heart stimulant over a period of six minutes using a tap that's been inserted.
(this is horrible - everything inside the upper half of your body starts to burn and feel as though it's expanding. Your skin feels too tight and I think I now know what it must have felt like for the folk in medieval times who were crushed to death by having boulders laid on top of their chest...nasty)
Step 2. still in nurses room - a radiocative isotope is injected.
Step 3. the hospital corridor - a carton of full cream milk and 45 minutes walking up and down.
Step 4. the scanning room - 15 minutes with your arms stretched out above your head and the instruction ... 'Don't move, it'll ruin the image.'
I got to 'Step 3' before I hit a blip.
I became really light headed and nausious while marching up and down the corridor.
When I asked one of the nurses for a sick pan, she grabbed me and plonked me down on a chair and called for a blood pressure unit.
On the way back to the waiting room in the wheel chair, I was told, "Don't worry. Your blood pressure is fine, you've just been unlucky and developed 'side effects'"
So there we are.
I got the scan and Ross took his rather pathetic old mother, who was feeling really sorry for herself, back home to bed where she stayed till she had to get up to fly to America!!
I'm going to stop here because everytrhing else that follows is 'good news' and 'happy times' so I don't want to put it in this entry!!
No comments:
Post a Comment