I took some photos on Sunday when Ross and I were over at Gary and Carole's for lunch but I can't download them because my computer is acting up.
It's been 'not right' for a while. To download photos I had to switch the computer off and then switch it on again butthings are worse now, it even refuses to admit that there is a camera there let alone photos!
Ross says he'll have a look at it for me but that he needs to clean the machine out and that means wiping it so we need to find time to get together... it probably won't happen now till I get back from Lucy's.
On a completely different note, I'm off to the hospital tomorrow again.
This time for 'scan 2'.
'Scan 1' was yesterday.
I thought it would take me 40 minutes to get to the hospital so I left home 80 minutes before my appointment to make sure I had enough time to find the department and a parking space.
I needn't have worried, I found a parking place quite quickly - right beside the hospital entrance for the nuclear department so I ended up being very early!
"Not a problem," said the girl at reception, "I'll just phone through and see if they can take you!"
Which they could.
Great.
I was in and out again in plenty of time to get home before the rush hour.
If you ever have to go for a heart scan, be prepared.
You are obliged to drink a carton of full cream milk. Yuk!
Then the nurse tells you to go for a walk.
"And while you're out, drop into the canteen and get yourself something 'fatty' to eat!
In the cafeteria, I noticed a basket filled with bags of crisps. But as I stretched out to take a bag the little voice inside me called out in panic,
"Don't do it, don't do it!"
"Be quiet," I said. "I have to...the nurse said so!" :)
Once I had quietened the little voice, I did think of eating a 'yum yum' but it wouldn't have been the same without a nice cup of coffee - and unfortunately no coffee or tea is allowed for 24 hours before the scan.
Then I really fancied a chocolate doughring - but although the doughring would have been fine, I wasn't allowed chocolate for 24 hours before the scan either.
Anything with caffeine was a 'no no'!
So 'Hula Hoops' it was.
Do you think the nurse will tell me to eat something fatty tomorrow? Yes please!!
Do you think I'll need to drink the milk again? Oh no!!

No comments:
Post a Comment