Friday, 17 July 2009

Friday morning - ten o'clock

Cade and Lucy at the marina in Portland.


Braeden and Lucy at the marina in Portland too!

Lucy and the boys walking along by the river in Portland.


Braeden in distress!!


Happy chappies on the bike!!

It's already too hot for me outside!
I took my coffee into the garden to sit in the sun and read a couple of chapters of my current book.

And very nice it felt too but the temperature is rising...
so here I am - back inside again.

Yesterday, I didn't go out during the day at all.

The temperature was over a hundred at it's peak and even when Lucy and I took Bailey for her evening walk - after eight - it was still 88 degrees!


I hate feeling wet!! Especially the sweat that runs down from my back!

We were going to take the bikes out today and go for a cycle down to the river for lunch but we'll need to postpone that trip till the weather cools a bit!

Poor wee Bailey - at least we're not wearing a fur coat.

I have however given up trying to straighten my hair. If I didn't have it tied back it would be afro 2009.

Want to know about Portland?

The part we were staying in this year was lovely.

It had walks all along the riverside which have been laid out with grass and trees, even flowers and a fountain for the kids to run through -

Down by the marina there are shops and restaurants. On our first evening in Portland, we walked down to this area and ate at one of the restaurants.
Food was good! I had scallops...mmm.

What strikes you is the number of cyclists who use the area.
You can hire bikes of all shapes and sizes to join in the fun.

Well, for some it's fun for others it's an agony of anxiety...as we know!
We hired a eight seater bike on our second day!
Lucy and Scott were up front with Cade - pedalling and steering.
Ian, Braeden and I were in the rear - pedalling.

Now Ian will dispute this -

He will say, "Correction here! Lucy and Scott were pedalling at the front and I was pedalling in the rear. Madam (me) was sitting back doing nothing!"

Technically it may have seemed that I was sitting back doing nothing, but in actual fact, I was concentrating hard on making sure we didn't hit anyone or career into anything...not to mention, veer off the two bridges we crossed and splash into the fast flowing river below!!

Braeden was also doing his bit to keep us safe as he wailed and cried out warnings to the drivers up front... especially when we were crossing the bridges.

Check the trauma on that poor child's face in the photo at the top of the entry! :)

No comments: