Monday, 17 August 2009

Monday 17th August

Swimming again this afternoon.

My hairdresser is appalled - I told her last Thursday when I went to get my grey hair hidden.

"Swimming!"
She was horrified.
"There's chlorine in swimming pool water!"

Having been made to feel as though I had just admitted to having murdered my children, she continued...

"If you're determined to go swimming, make sure you wear a swimming cap!"
Images of big rubber flowers floated into my mind.

It's the dye, you see. Hair dye and chlorine are a bad combination.

I get the impression that if I get my hair wet, something terrible will happen.

Maybe if I allow the dye in my hair to come into contact with the chlorine in the water, it'll begin to smoulder or even burst into flames!

No further persuasion needed, I'm off down to the chemist to invest in a crown of big rubber flowers to wear with my speedos this afternoon!

1 comment:

Ian R Stewart said...

Now fill in the gaps of the last month!