Saturday, 29 August 2009

Saturday 29th August

Ross has finally got to the bottom of what was stopping the computer reading the photos on my camera so I need to name and transfer my photos onto my hard drive.

A rather large task as there are a lot of photos!!

What's really annoying me is the fact that most of them have already been named when I put them onto Lucy's harddrive but like the idiot I am, I didn't think ahead.
I should have named them on the camera and then copied them over instead of copying them over and then naming them.

I have given myself double the work! Bother boots!

I sat down here to make a start only to discover that I'd left the camera on and the battery is now flat. Double bother boots!!

So while I'm waiting for the battery to charge, I'm going to chunter on about anything that comes into my head...

Number one has to be my opinion of doctors at this moment in time!

I'm not going to have anything more to do with them!
I've decided, they only want to pump you full of drugs to see what'll happen.

Remember my brush with the radioactive isotope and how bad it made me feel?
Well round two was no more pleasant.
On Thursday, the doctor decided to put me onto a time release drug to expand my blood vessels to make me feel better.
The theory seems to be that if you have furry arteries and you expand them the blood has no problem getting through them so you're fine

Well I don't know how the old blood was getting on but within an hour of taking the first dose, my head started to hurt, then I started to feel dizzy and nauseous and by the second day, I had added feeling freezing cold with numb hands and feet to the list of symptoms I was dealing with!

By lunch time yesterday, I'd had enough and phoned the doctor and he told me to stop taking the pills.

Ross looked after me while the drug wore off.
He got me a drink of water, checked out the drug on the internet and sat me on his chair in his bedroom, wrapped in a duvet, with an episode of Deep Space Nine.
Feeling much better today.

The doctor says there are other pills I can try but I really don't feel like putting any more chemicals in my body so I'm theorising that 'will power' might do just as well!
What do you think?

Two, the wee guy who lives at the end of our block is fairly geting on with his back garden.
He's put up a lovely fence at the back of the garden and he has built a stair at the side which takes you up the embankment. I noticed yesterday that he has put a thick rope bannister in and today he had tree trunks delivered.

I can hear him sawing them up just now so I'll have a wee look later and try and see what he's up to!

Three, Davy, the painter, was here this last week. He's coming back next week too to paint the bedrooms upstairs.

So far he has painted Ross' room which now has 'Egyptian Cotton' walls and 'Calico' paintwork, the utility room which has remained bright yellow and the downstairs showeroom which is no longer that dreadful shade of pink but is now 'Jasmine White'!

I've just checked the battery. It's still charging. So I'm heading off to have a coffee break.

I'll post some pictures later.

No comments: