Sunday, 13 September 2009

Sunday 13th September

The Sunday Mass group met for coffeee this morning.
Everybody was there apart from Johanne who is travelling back from Portugal today.

Myra is back from Spain where she was visiting her daughter, Lindsay.
Lindsay is living the hippy life just now and has been sleeping on the beach near Malaga since she came back from the Rainbow Convention in Portugal.

Myra reckons it's a good life and thinks she would like to go back some time and sleep on the beach with her daughter!
"Plumbing!?"
"There isn't any!" said Myra. "But that's OK."
"Oh no it's not!" said Maura.
I must admit I'm not so keen on the idea of living without good plumbing.

I have bad memories of 'hole in the floor' public toilets in French camping sites and extreme constipation!!

"Enough said!"
I can hear Ian now.

I found this photo in my archive...1986 Les Sable d'Olonne...that was a good holiday and by this point, we had moved up from tents to caravans so the plumbing was no longer an issue.
Happy days! :)



Left-overs from yesterday for our tea tonight.

I need to mention the couscous I made yesterday because it was surprisingly good.
The recipe called for Harissa paste! (It's made from chillis, garlic, cumin, coriander and salt).
First time I've ever used it although I've known about it for a long time.

I didn't make the paste myself, I bought it at the supermarket but I've since checked out the recipe on the internet and it's really simple to make.



I can hear the Beatles singing in the background - 'Penny Lane' just now. Ian is watching something he recorded on the Sky box.

His knee is much better today after giving him jip for several days and nights.
He and I sat the other night with the little pain relieving pen I bought him for his birthday and clicked away on the suggested spots.
I didn't think it did any good - pain wise but it definitely gave me a good feeling inside - I reckon it released some endorphines!! :)

Ian hasn't commented but I did hear him using it several times. What you'll do when you're desperate.

In the end, the ibuprofen did the trick.

Kelly and Craig are now back from Peterhead. I feel as if we are on a countdown to blast off now. Like the song we used to sing when it was getting near the school holidays says - "One more day to go...".

No comments: