And when you finally come down the other side you are in Wyoming.
I didn't realise till we got up into the hills that it was bear country!!
Nor did I actually see any bears but I did see signs telling me they were there but read the bottom line on the poster - that's laying it on the line for you!!
Anyway, very pretty, it was.
And here are some shots which I was sure would prove it when I took them but now that I look at them, they really don't do the area justice!
The photo below was taken at Mirror Lake which nestled in a little valley high up in the hills.
I remember the loos in the carpark at the side of the lake very well... they were dry (shock - horror!!)
A toilet sitting atop a great deep hole!
Scary stuff for a townie like me... imagine what could have happened - no don't - it doesn't bear thinking about!
That's the toilet block behind Ian.
I guess flushing toilets was asking a bit much up in the wilds!
The first town we hit was called Evanston...
and lo and behold... there was a beer festival on!
What a pip! (I just love this phrase!!)
Luca will recognise the phrase and so might his mummy and daddy and possibly his Grandma Liz? Does anyone else?
I photographed the booklet that listed all the beers that were on offer,
and lastly, I photographed Ian in the brewery where we ate lunch.
Ian had me photograph the brewing tanks which are to his right on the level below but you don't want to see them.
No comments:
Post a Comment