Monday, 7 March 2011

Monday 7th March

What was for tea tonight?
Leftovers from yesterday's birthday lunch, of course!
And what will we be having for tea tomorrow night?
Why, we'll be having leftovers, again. . .
but with the addition of sausages . . .  because Luca will be eating with us.
And we all know there are limits.
Sausages are good :)

A lovely day again today. I can't believe how lucky we've been. This morning I went out for a wee walk with Anne - without a coat on - and it's only early March!!

Yesterday, when Luca took a little bike ride with me pushing from behind (the bike has a big long pole attached which means you can walk along behind the bike pushing it along without bending down), he turned round and said, "Isn't it a lovely day!" It certainly was!

Look very carefully at the photo below. Look closely . . . there's a salmon in the water.


Sri and I took a walk along the platties the other day and came across this guy  in the process of reeling in a fish. Neither of us had ever seen anyone catch anything before, so we lent on the railings and watched. Fascinating. I struggled to get my camera out and missed the best shot which was of him holding up his prize but I think you can just about make out the salmon. He's letting it go to carry on swimming up the river.

As we wandered on we were joined by a woman with a newspaper in her hand.
"I've never seen anyone land a fish before," she said, "D'you think it hurt being dragged about with a hook in your mouth?"

Does it? I'd never thought about it before.

No comments: