Saturday, 12 March 2011
Saturday 12th March
I was just wondering how these wee crocuses were doing now that they are covered in snow again.
Big sister, Mary had texted me the other day from Elderslie to say that she had driven through a snow blizzard to get over to Houston to let Julie get out to work. We're fine up here I'd been able to reply but not now! According to the weather map snow is covering the whole of the north and the west of Scotland.
I stopped in the supermarket carpark this morning, just to admire the scene. Huge snowflakes the size of 50p pieces filled the air, the hills across the river shrouded in a fog of snow. It was like an impressionist painting :)
In the short time I had been in the shop, my car had been covered in enough snow to make it necessary to clear it off before I could drive home.
It won't lie for long. The sun's too high in the sky at this time of year. This pronouncement is based on a gem passed on to me by an old local many years ago.
Well at least I'm at peace. Yes, I did find the enthusiasm somewhere yesterday and am now sitting in a nice clean house. I've also changed the arrangement of the furniture in our bedroom and we are now lying east west as opposed to north south. I wonder if this is good or bad.
Now I'm off to have a bath. . . I know it's rather decadent to bathe in the middle of the day, but whose going anywhere in this weather, anyway.
I think I might even light some candles! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment