Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Wednesday 9th March


 "I can't get these candles lit!
Everytime I light them, he blows them out!"
 I love the devilish look on Luca's face, don't you?


Uncle Ross, however, was not going to be beaten by a four year old! . . .  



I'd bought little tear drop candles that spelled out Happy Birthday but I didn't have the heart to rearrange the candles after Luca had enthusiastically planted them all in the cake.
"It's an anagram," we told Ian, "for Happy Birthday :)"

AND SO TO THE BLOWING OUT OF THE CANDLES

Here are the determined duo attempting to blow out the candles . . .

. . . still attempting to blow out the candles, with advice from Granma Liz . . . 

and finally managing to blow out the candles with the extra wind needed being delivered by Daddy.

You can just see Gary giving his support at the edge of the photo! I think he was beginning to worry that Granda and Luca were going to expire before they got those candles blown out.
Of course if they'd taken Granma Liz's advice and moved the cake a bit closer, the job could have been done in half the time!!

A good day!    :)

No comments: