Saturday, 26 February 2011

Saturday 26th February



Things are looking up. . . the temperature is rising and we've seen some blue sky the last couple of days. Thank goodness :)

My little daffodils at the front door have decided that spring is on the way. Look they're peaking up out of the soil!

Another week has passed in a flash.
I swam twice this week and walked once. . . my proud boast to the nurse at the heart clinic on Thursday morning!
Brownie points :)

"You're looking much better this year," says she.
"Yes," say I.
"Probably because my diet has improved. Eating a lot more vegetables and a lot less cheese," I smug.

"You know the latest findings are showing that dairy products don't affect your cholestoral level. My husband read it somewhere. . . Google it!" says she. Mmm.

"So what about alcohol?"
"Really only at weekends," I reply. "Couple of bottles of wine," I state defiantly.
"Excellent," she says, "mustn't give up the wine!"
Not a teetoller then I guess.

For you , Lucy. My blood pressure is 130 over 80. I told your father this because the nurse assured me it was a good score.
"Mine," he chuffed, "was 110 over 60!" Oooh.

No comments: