The flowers as promised yesterday!
They're sitting on the dining room table. It's the best place to put flowers, I've decided. Because, you catch sight of them as you go about the house and every now and again, the scent catches you unawares!
Let's hope the roses last a bit longer than they usually do. Lillies are great in this house - they'll last for weeks but roses? - Their heads have usually drooped within a day and they're dead of premature old age within two! :(
Last night, Ian and I traversed the highways of Deeside on Ian's annual real ale survey for the Good Beer Guide.
He was the sampler and form filler.
I was the driver!
We started in Ballater then came home via Tarland, Aboyne, Potarch and Feughside.
"Let's start early," said Ian."That way we'll get home at a decent time."
Well it wasn't that decent - the hour when we got home. I reckon it was near enough eleven. . . and for this old fogie, that's long past Monday night's bedtime!
Having sampled a half pint in two pubs in Ballater, one in Tarland, one in Aboyne and one at Potarch, Ian confided to me that he was quite relieved that the beer in The Feughside Inn was off.
Three pints of beer on a Monday night is perhaps a bit much. . . two and half is infinitely more acceptable :) !
No comments:
Post a Comment