Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Tuesday - Anne's first day as a granny!

Yes, Anne's daughter, Laura, had her baby this morning just in time for breakfast...a wee girl!
Don't know anything else yet.

Changing the subject completely, I am definitely turning into a lady who lunches...
Today, I drove down to Ballater with Janice, Alison, Tina and Pamela to celebrate Tina's and Alison's birthdays at the Glen Lui hotel.


King prawn tempura with chilli dip sauce and meringue with cream and fresh fruit was followed by a little saunter through the streets of Ballater in the afternoon sunshine and a serious shop (for some) in McEwans of Perth.

On Thursday, I'm heading into Cults to meet the retired girls from St Joseph's for lunch... see what I mean?
Twice in the same week!



I don't really need to record the last days of Tenerife now since Ian handed me a CD tonight when he came in but here are some anyway...

This was Wednesday's fun and games on the beach.

While Luca thought very carefully about just how much he was going to get involved,

Cade and Braeden threw themselves in wholeheartedly...






... and so did their mother!!


On Wednesday evening, Ian and I made an effort to dress up and went out for dinner... paella after a copious amount of gin!

A measure at home is an exact amount but not so in the hotel we visited before the restaurant.
Having ordered two gin and tonics and sat outside to enjoy the evening sunshine, the waiter appeared silver tray in hand holding a large bottle of gin, two small bottles of tonic, a bucket of ice and two tall glasses... I didn't realise that he stopped pouring gin into the glass when you said, "Whowa!"

I floated up the road to the restaurant.
What do you think? The petals on the table are a nice touch, aren't they?

I like the photo of the table, I think I've caught the reflection of the light on the glasses rather well :)

I took this next shot holding the camera out in front of us, you know the way you see people do.
Not too bad, is it?
If you click to make the photo bigger, you get a nice shot of my latest dangly earings!

By the way, the rosy glow is not the after effect of a day in the sun... it's the gin!

No comments: