Friday, 24 April 2009

Friday morning

The sun is starting to come out... but I've already written a list of chores to do, on the whiteboard.
What am I to do!!??

Should I carry on or should I take my latest 'Richard and Judy's summer read 2008 WINNER' and head for the park bench in the backyard?

While I consider the pros and cons, I'll post a few more photos from Tenerife -

Thursday -

- pensive moods prevailing perhaps on this last day?







I have to admit to feeling quite reflective myself!

What do you think of my palm trees?

I feel they capture the essence of Villa Tenerife.
Huge, swishing pencils, they stood to attention day and night so here they are day and night :)



click them to the larger size and you'll just make out the lights of the town below.


...and memories?

... the line of washing - I needed to include this photo - that line was a constant hive of industry - many's the person I watched pegging out, taking in, pegging out, taking in! :)


Daily supermarket run...

Who knows more about shopping for food, Ross? Your sister or you?
You should have been more like your brother and stood back ... not in your nature huh?

Ever seen anyone look as happy as Kels did while supermarket shopping?
Look at the positive body language and the determination to succeed!

You could feel it coming across too, couldn't you, Gary?

That's what cognitive behavioural therapy can do for you!

Then there's Tenerife frozen pizza? :(

Tenerife Barbecue? That's more like it! :)

Step 1
I named this study 'waiting for the barbecue to heat up with beanies and apperitifs'

Look closely and you will see Gary supervising the consumption of 'the beanies' with his apperitif to hand.

... and what are the chefs doing?
Why they're playing card!

The food is in the foreground of the picture and if you look closely you will see Tenerife black pudding on the top polystyrene tray?
Mmm! Yummy!
Maybe I should suggest to the wee butcher in the village that adding almonds to the pudding makes it delicious!


What do you think?


By the end of the holiday, Braeden had collected a motley troup of cuddly toys to take home with him and his mummy asked me to take these photos as a momento.

- so here's Braeden proudly showing off his Tenerife trophies...

Do these cozy cuddlers still have a place of honour where they can be admired and counted or have they disappeared into a toy box, lost forever like most of my memories of Tenerife? :(

I should have taken more photos!!

No comments: