
A time of change. At last!
By Friday, the old house will no longer have a leaky balcony! The rotten wood will have been replaced and a waterproof surface will have been laid under foot : )
As we speak, builder 1 is lifting all the tiles that were down and builders 2 and 3 are giving him moral support.
The downside?
Well so far, my Christmas tree has had to go : (
It's now sitting atop the builder's truck.
I usually try and keep our tree on the balcony till Easter . . . Well, real trees aren't cheap are they? And why throw away a perfectly good tree? That's what I say!
The chairs that sat on the balcony turned out to be so rotten that they fell apart when they were moved . . .
Positive spin would be to appreciate the narrow escape 'somebody' has had - they won't be sitting on it in the spring and collapsing in a heap on the ground as I did last year!
And my body is in shock from having bounced out of bed stunned and only half awake, to stumble round the house trying to find two sets of car keys to clear the drive.
Car number 3 - The Mercedes? I'm afraid it's still there.
Oh, here we go, builder 2 has now stepped forward with the circular saw. The railings are coming down!
Let's hope they don't land on the Mercedes!! A rusty old bashed up car on the drive is even worse than just a rusty old car . . . Derek!! Take that car away!
(for those not in the know, Derek has promised umpteen times to move the offending vehicle)
I'll report on progress later in the day or possibly tomorrow depending on how long things take.
Location:Wednesday 8th February
No comments:
Post a Comment