Wednesday, 15 February 2012

I'm up too early this morning.
I know why. My mind Is telling my body that it can't afford to sleep any longer because the deadline for going to Australia is looming large.
We'll be leaving home about 3.00pm tomorrow afternoon to catch a flight at 5.30pm from Aberdeen airport to London and from there onto Sydney.

My suitcase has been packed for days. I've got lists on the iPad of clothes to take, clothes to wear on the journey, toiletries and medicines to take, stuff to remember for Kelly and Chris, cables to remember that connect this to that and that to whatever, jobs that need done in the house before I go, what's to be packed in my rucksack to go onto the plane - even what compartment in the rucksack to put things in for ease of unpacking at security . . . the lists go on and on!

And now just to complicate things.
I noticed the other day that the white shadow that appeared a few weeks ago on my toenail has grown bigger and when I googled the appearance of it, I was informed that it might be a fungal infection. Yikes!

I popped into the chemist on Tuesday, thinking all I had to do was buy a bottle of whatever that stuff is that was advertised on the tv.
However . . .
the chemist said, go to the doctor and get a prescription because the medication is very expensive.

Ok.

But then I thought, is that really fair to take advantage of the NHS like that? So I didn't contact the doctor.

Yesterday, I googled again thinking I might be able to source a cheaper supply of the drug only to be confronted by dire warnings about self medication especially when the condition hasn't been confirmed by a doctor. They talked about liver damage and unsuitability of the drugs for those with heart problems. Aargh!

I need to see the doctor. . . of course there isn't much time left, is there?

Let's change the subject.

Luca went home with Daddy last night after spending the first few days of the week with Granny and Grandad seeing as the schools have been closed for the long week end followed by two in-service days.

One of his favourite songs to sing at the moment is The Bare Necessities from Jungle Book . . .
Sing along:
Look for the bare necessities
The simple bare necessities
Forget about your monies and your stripes.

To be remembered, yes? : )




No comments: