| Some of my birthday flowers - what with Lillies from Ian and these flowers from my buddy Sadie, the house has been smelling absolutely gorgeous! |
Monday? No brainer - swimming with the girls in the afternoon. Thirty six lengths followed by a cup of tea and a cinnamon iced bun at Costco. A guilt free treat :)
No walk to Woodend Barn on the Tuesday, I'm afraid - miserable weather :(
So it was a wee wander up to Raemoir Garden Centre who had sent me a birthday card with a voucher for free coffee and scones for two!
. . . and no, I haven't had the free coffee or scone yet, forgot the voucher :(
Next time.
It was just Luca and I at teatime on Tuesday night - the boys were both out. Not quite in the same way of course seeing as Ross was out on a job and Ian was out of the country.
Still we managed fine . . . tea for two :)
On the way home, as we slipped onto the dual carriageway, we found ourselves behind a car going quite slowly. My back seat driver says, "Overtake that car, Granny!"
Now I know that we are coming up to another slip road and I'm in two minds. If I overtake him as we go past the entry of the slip road, the car I'm overtaking wouldn't be able to move out if he needed to. Should I go or should I wait. My back seat driver pipes up again, "You can do it, Granny! Just go fast!"
I decide I'll be past him by the time we hit the entry so I go for it.
And as we pass the car in front, I get my verbal pat on the back, "Well done, Granny Jo! I knew you could do it!"
Whose the adult??
| Luca's crocodiles made with stones :) |
So we were a family again which was nice although I have to admit I was disappointed to have to move back to my own side of the bed :(
Ian did very well. He'd been up all night but still managed to keep going all day. He'd had to endure a 5 hour flight to Glasgow leaving Turkey at about two in the morning and then he had a 3 hour drive back up the road to Banchory. Gruelling? I think so.
So today, I'm sitting in the back room blogging and watching 'A Hundred Years of Us' - it's a series the BBC have made probably because the 1911Census is being released on 5th April!!
We've just been talking to a woman who was one of the first folk in this country to get Streptomycene - is that how you spell it? - for TB! She was very interesting. She told us all about her time in the sanatorium. Her dad had taken her there and when he got her to the door, he took one last look at her, turned and walked away.
It's so good to see the daffodils in bloom again :)
| Our wee daffodils just a.t the door |
| This host of golden daffodils - well they will be soon - at the Bellfield Park |
| And these daffodils are starting to bloom at the foot of Corsee Road |
| The water has covered this path recently but just now it's just below! |
No comments:
Post a Comment