Monday, 25 April 2011

Easter Monday

It's not sunny but neither is it rainy or cold! So nothing to complain about there :)

a hellebores in our garden

Twenty to eleven. I've just spent the last half hour wandering through site after site of folk suggesting ways to make steps on steep slopes. You see I've got plans. Don't tell Ian - he'll only get upset :).

Having spent so much time on the embankment lately, I've had a lot of time to think what to do with it! Here's what I'm thinking just now. . . The top half - draw a line across the garden level with the top of the little retaining wall - is going to be wild. Nature can do what it likes up there.
Below that I'm going to cultivate - hence the need for steps. The slope is so steep that you can't stand on it so planting and weeding is a fairly hazardous exercise. Nothing fancy - I'll probably just use spikes and that specially treated wood - you know the stuff - its had wood preservative injected into it under pressure to make it waterproof.

I might take a wee trip into B&Q and talk to the nice man behind the sawing counter - they'll cut the wood to the lengths you want there - I first came across this service when I was still working and the kids were doing a project on wood - he gave me lots of little samples!

So if you have any experience in this department, please let me know :)

Gee was I tired this morning! Dreamed nonsense all night - my digestive system was working a night shift due to my excesses of yesterday - and was it worth it?
Oh yes!!
Gary serving the Costco apple pie. Mmmh :)

 We had a lovely day. Ross got up and Gary, Carole and Luca arrived after their Easter Egg hunt at Haddo House which Carole told me was so busy, they never saw even one Easter Egg :(

Not such a futile hunt at Granny and Granda's house though! I'd hidden everybody's Easter Eggs around the house (with names on them) - just like we used to do years ago and Luca and his daddy took on the job of finding all the eggs. He would run into the kitchen each time he found one and ask us to read the name. And was it his? I reckon he found everyone else's eggs before he found his own!

little happy face
 Still smiling thinking of his wee happy and excited face :)

No comments: