Sunday, 3 April 2011

Mother's Day

Well what a lovely surprise I had!

During mass this morning, I became aware of movement at my side and upon looking down was confronted by two great big brown eyes and a huge grin!

It was Luca!
Gary had come straight through after the wee fella's football practice to wish me a Happy Mother's Day! And knowing that I would be in the church had decided just to come in and join me for the second half :)

Wasn't that just so thoughtful?

When we got back to the house, Luca noticed that Ian's car was missing and as we opened the front door asked, " Has Granda gone back to Turkey Lurkey?"

No darling - just the golf course :)

I should have taken some photos while Luca and Gary were here . . .
Luca took a trip on the wee three wheeler bike along the main road and then up the hill at Corsee Road - mind you I was pushing from behind - and I could have had some good shots then :( 
And instead of giving you a photo of the cheesecake that Gary made for me, I should have put Gary and Luca in the picture. It was only after they went that it dawned on me :( 

Anyway, here's a photo of Luca from December.


And here's the cheesecake!

Gary and I had a piece each as lunch and it was delicious - seriously. I'll have another piece after my crispy aromatic duck at teatime! :)
Gary is away home with a chocolate cheesecake which he made here. He brought the ingredients with him and made it to take back to Carole as part of her Mother's Day treat! . . . Busy, busy, busy!!

I now have one of Carole's baking trays and she has one of mine! :)

No comments: