Friday, 15 April 2011

Friday afternoon 15th April



Here's Flat Stanley all the way from America with Nessie whom we bought in Aberdeen.
 Braeden's Flat Stanley and I took a trip into Aberdeen and wandered round the shops - how disappointing! When I think back to the year Cade's Flat Stanley came to stay, there is a distinct dearth of merchandise aimed at children in the tourist shops now in comparison to then :(
However, we did our best. Didn't we Stanley? And then we came home and had a well earned rest in the back garden!
Here he is taking his well earned rest on the garden bench!
And here he is having a wee climb on Granny's bush - fun or what?
Dead end? :(
Never say die. . . on being told of our disappointing day Ross stepped up to the mark!
"Why don't we take Flat Stanley out for a wee drive in the car and show him some of the local sights?" he suggested.
"Why yes, what a great idea!" I grabbed at the offer.
 "Only one proviso, though. . . "
"I stay behind the camera. I don't do photos."
He's saving himself for the great unveiling. When he's lost a couple more stones :)
. . . And here are the results -

The River Dee with the Potarch Bridge behind us!



Crathes Castle
 And across the road . . .

Big Man at the Millton - best scones on Deeside :) If you look really closely, you can just make out Flat Stanley sitting on the top edge of Big Man's kilt! Interesting how I've unconsciously leaned back to keep the line with the sculpture!

We had hoped to get a photo of Flat Stanley with some of the baby lambs in the fields but by the time we got to them they were too far away so Ross used the zoom - no Flat Stanley in the photo unfortunately :(


Earlier this afternoon, I put Flat Stanley back in an envelope and sent him off back to Braeden in America.
Keep your eyes open for his return, Braeden. He's in a big brown envelope. Nessie, however is in a white box - he wouldn't fit in the envelope - too fat!



No comments: