Wednesday, 24 September 2008

Wednesday 24th September

My sultana scones were a delicious disaster.

Disaster because they came out looking more like butteries than scones. However, since Anne, Johanne, Anne's mum and Ross all agreed that they were very good, I feel I am justified in describing them as delicious too!

I managed to keep one for Ian who criticised it! It was he who compared the scones to butteries. Whilst I acknowledge that they did indeed look like butteries, can I point out that he alone criticised :(
Where is my support? What happened to being there for me through thick and thin? :)
There are none left.

I have found a soul mate in Anne's mum. She is the first person I have met who appreciates Murder She Wrote and Midsummer Murders.

Anne let herself down badly...she had no idea what Jessica's surname was although to give her her due, she knew about Cabot Cove.

Do I make horrible coffee?
No-one finished the coffee I made for them this morning. I felt as though, had I turned my back, they would all have emptied their cups into the nearest potted plant.
Do you remember the advert that used to be on TV. Everyone shuddered when they drank the poor woman's coffee till she found Nestles something or other...it was smooth as silk!

What am I doing wrong?
I have tried instant and gound filter but with equally negative feedback.

No comments: