Thursday, 26 April 2012

Thursday morning


Let me share yesterday with you.
I was at the dentist!

I had not been looking forward to what I was sure would be a back sweating, armrest gripping session!
But yesterday was the day arranged to have my broken tooth repaired.

Remember, part of the tooth had broken off while Ian and I sat in London Airport waiting for our flight to Sydney.

A dental check up last week revealed the extent of the damage; root intact, large metal filling present, not a lot else.

My very cheery and upbeat dentist had smiled at me through his enormous goggles and surgeon's mask,
"Ooh yes," he said, "well, this isn't too much of a problem! We'll rebuild the tooth . . . and I think we'll get rid of that nasty metal filling and replace it with a nice new white one!"

He always speaks to me as though I was five.

And so as I walked home yesterday, with a mouth that no longer followed commands, and a numb left nostril that made breathing just a touch difficult, I thought about what had been achieved and I was happy.

It's amazing how dental technology has progressed since I last needed any work done.
I felt nothing - literally : ) For several hours afterwards as well. But Drinking my coffee through a straw, having spilt it down my front is a small price to pay.

And, I didn't know you could get your fillings matched to the shade of white of your teeth either!

Incredible!

Maybe I could get the dentist to remove that 'nasty metal filling' you can see when I smile? And replace it with a white one that matches my teeth.
Hmm. Maybe not.




Nice flowers?
I thought so when I saw them in Morrison's.
They only cost £2.00 and I've had them for a week already!

No comments: