It's been a long day so I bought ready made curries from the supermarket for tea and I've eaten one already.
The sign above the display stated that you could buy two meals + one side dish for £5.00.
Right, I thought. I'll buy two times two meals for £10.00 and that'll do us for tea. I'm tired, I've had nothing to eat since breakfast so I'm starving too. Couldn't possibly manage to go home and start cooking.
But I don't want the side dishes - pakora, onion bhaji, samosas - no. Curry is enough calories without adding those in.
Having selected my curries, I made my way to the check out where having stood in a long line and having had a queue collect behind me, the young man explained that I could have a"two for £5.00" deal if I took a couple of side dishes.
I explained to the young man that I had noticed the deal but didn't actually want the side dishes. Could I not have the meals and just not bother taking the side dishes?
Unfortunately not, I was told.
My friend who has now asked me if I'm fond of Indian food, possibly because I am in possession of four, explained that the code on the side dishes is what triggers the deal. If he doesn't put through a side dish for each set of curries, they will present on the till as £3.60 each!
Oh no, I thought! I'm now thinking I'll just leave it. I really can't face going back to get some.
Will I run round and get a couple for you?
. . . .What a nice man!
Does anyone want a pack of onion bhaji or a mixed selection containing samosa, pakora and yet more onion bhaji?
Let's finish with a photo!

Luca took this one himself.

And I took this one myself!
Aren't we clever? : )
No comments:
Post a Comment