Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Wednesday 20th June

7.10am - Looking out of the window at sunshine on the trees wondering if this is just another glimpse of sunshine or the promise of a summer's day. There have been few enough of them this year so far.

So much rain!

Ian came home early last night from his 'Midsummer's Golf Outing' not only soaked yet again but with a tale of thunder and lightning! Not a happy situation to be in when you are sheltering under a tree with a bag full of metal golf clubs, oh no!

On a cheerier note, Carole has been keeping us up to date with her experiences at Bootcamp on Face Book and Gary has taken the afternoons off with a half nine start in the morning to cover the school run for Luca.

I bumped into Gary - not literally, on the dual carriageway heading for Inverurie, yesterday. We were both heading for the school to pick up Luca!

"I was driving alongside you for ages before you noticed me," Gary said when we were seated in the supermarket cafe with Luca and his wee buddy Tyler.

I had noticed there was a car there but in the minutes before I looked, I thought, "There's a car overtaking me."
Nothing unusual there. Happens to me all the time.
Then I'd thought, "Jings. This guy is trying to overtake me and his car engine doesn't have the power to do it."
Then I thought, "Why doesn't he just slow down a wee bit and tuck himself in behind me?"
Then it dawned on me. Gary's car is silver, the car to my left that's keeping pace with me is silver. No it couldn't be, on the other hand maybe it is. . . him!
And it was!
I turned my head and there he was waving away like mad : )

Tyler, Luca's little buddy was a last minute addition to our merry band. Problems at home had been solved by Gary's offer to take him home from school and keep him overnight.

He's a lovely wee guy!
"I've got a wobbly tooth," he told me with some pride. Luca's are still holding fast.
"Oh, let me see," I'd responded enthusiastically. You have to, don't you. It's a big thing after all.
So we got onto talking about the tooth fairy and then the pair of them started sharing the story of the film, it being apparent that nether realised that it was fiction!
". . . and then the boy grew wings!"
I haven't seen the film but I think the boy must have caused the fairy to have an accident and was obliged to take her place till she was better - at least that's what I think the wee ones were telling me. It's not easy translating 5 year old speak into intelligible story lines.
Anyway, Tyler looked at me across the tea table and said, "You look like the tooth fairy!"
Has anyone out here seen this film?
I'm betting the tooth fairy is a wee old woman with curly hair.



To finish off, here's the photo I took at Potty's on Sunday where Gary treated us to our dinner for Father's Day.
A totally male environment. Would you be surprised to hear that the conversation strayed several times onto the subject of football!

Ian, Luca and I ate dessert. Ice cream, sadly not chocolate for Luca, Eton Mess for Ian and I can't remember what mine was called but it was a long narrow plate with three little dishes on it. The middle one was vanilla ice cream, to the left was a shot glass filled with Amaretto and the the right, a shot of expresso. Lovely!

Don't feel too sad for Luca. The restaurant had run out of chocolate ice cream and yes, that was tragic, but Grandad had been given a box of Thornton's Chocolates by Gary for Father's Day and Luca got first picks when we got home.

Ian said I can eat as many of them as I like and I don't need to ask! : )
That's love isn't it!

No comments: