Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Wednesday evening 27th June

Monday evening was gorgeous. The sun was slanting down our road while I potted up the last of my plants for the front of the house.
Trish from next door appeared out about nine-ish and we sat on the wall and had a good old chinwag.
The midges eventually appeared and that was the end of that but it was good while it lasted : )
Yesterday followed Monday evening's example and as Luca and I walked up the lane that connects the school to the car park at the wee local shops where I'd left the car, he told me it was too hot!
Says it all. Doesn't it. It must have been all of 20 degrees : )
But that's it gone for another wee while.
The rain started yesterday evening and we got up this morning to yet more mist and rain ; (
Ian is through in the back room watching TV just now and I'm in the kitchen with the rhythmic churn of the dishwasher in the background keeping me company.
While I'm on the subject of the kitchen, Johanne and I took a trip along to Drumoak kitchens to see their kitchen tables, this morning.
Disappointment.
They don't carry any in stock!
Lots of kitchen displays if you're looking to install a new kitchen, which was very scary.
"Oh I hope I don't see one that I like better than the one I have!", is the worry, isn't it.
But lovely as they were, it's ok. Ours is just as pretty.
Phew!
So to get back to the story. . . The man I spoke to asked me what I was looking for and said he could make one for me.
He'll draw a plan and then give me a quote.
"Would you want drawers?" he asked.
Oh joy of joys!
Exactly what I wanted but couldn't find!
Now we need to wait and see. I've given him my email address. . . nothing yet - it's been seven and a half hours! : )




This is the lino I've chosen for the kitchen. Mock slate.
Not an easy decision. We tripped over sample books laid in strategic places on the kitchen floor, all week-end.




And this is one of the sky photos I took the other day when I began to notice some little chinks in the clouds : )
A glimpse of Heaven.

No comments: