The doors to every room, apart from the kitchen, we're closed!
I knew who were in the bedrooms but who were in the other three rooms?
It transpired that another few friends from the wedding had come down here after the wedding finished. Ross lost his bed to his pal Thomas and ended up sleeping on the couch in the workroom downstairs. The wife of another friend fell asleep on the couch in the back room so her husband just covered her up with a blanket and went off to sleep on the couch in the good room!

This photo is of Tigg, who fell asleep on my couch : )

And this is Kyle, her husband. He and Ross have been buddies from school days.
Of course, true to form, I hadn't thought ahead.
Too late I remembered that I had no access to all my clean tops and trousers etc which were in the spare room with the sleeping beauties - I should've gone in yesterday evening when they were all at the wedding! : (
So I ended up going to mass in my old tatty jeans and a shirt of Ian's.
It's the dark blue shirt with the rather jazzy leaves all over it, Ian. Actually, I think I quite like it on me : )
Back from Mass, it was impossible to get near the kitchen for all the tousle haired, crumpled folk having breakfast!
Aberdeen was supposed to be the destination for today. Vera had never been, but Banchory was as far as they all got. If you stay up till all hours, what do you expect. They're none of them still in the first flush of youth. OMG, these were children to me just yesterday!
Fish suppers from the chippy and a few beers - my bottle box is full to overflowing - for tea.
Then about elevenish, Ross told us he had to go to bed as he had work in the morning!
I hadn't realised it was so late.
It was really interesting spending time with them all but especially Vera. D'you know she likes 'who dunnits' and the Sardinian police detective, Montalbano, whom I've just discovered and watch with subtitles, is one of her favourites!
No comments:
Post a Comment