Vera from the wedding, eats cake for breakfast! She says that most Italians eat cake - not gooey gateaux - more like fruit loaf style cake.
Why not? Eat the bulk of your calories early in the day gives you the chance to burn them off, right?
So I've finished the boiled ham that was in the fridge instead of my usual Ryvita. Let's see how long it keeps me going!
Yesterday was the doctors for me.
Doctor Henderson - who is probably young enough to be my grandchild had I started my family as early as possible and so had my daughter, his mother!
His mother isn't actually my daughter, you realise. I'm just surmising. OK?
He has ruled out my heart and lungs and has now ruled out my pancreas, seemingly you can tell by having a good feel to see if it's swollen.
I suggested it might be skeletal - from carrying heavy bags home from work every night and he thought it was a possibility. So, he's given me a painkiller gel and said to use it for a month. If it works, great, just phone in and they'll add it to my prescription. If not, come back and see him!
Luca came over here after school. Gary had texted in the morning to say he would come over here to pick up Luca since both he and Carole were going to be late back.
I sat having tea at the kitchen table with Ross, Gary and Luca! Wasn't that nice?
We had chicken breasts and homemade chips . . . and Luca ate it all - plus three peas! Brilliant - things are looking up!
The rain is still raining here and Luca had an indoor play, yesterday. So he coloured in a picture of a crab for his mummy and he drew a picture of his family for me.

Gary said, "You've put hair on me!"
"No," Luca replied in his condescending manner, "That's your spikes!"
Silly Daddy.
Two episodes of 'Silent Witness ironing' yesterday. At least the same to do today! I hate bedlinen!!
And today is also the dentist. . .
Not looking forward to my session of back sweating, armrest clinging agony on the dentist chair. The old filling is coming out and the brand new larger version is being inserted.
OK, that's all for now : )
I'll let you all know how I get on at the dentist next time ; (
No comments:
Post a Comment