Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Wednesday evening


Luca on the computer the other week

Bad news from the garage at teatime, today.

Yesterday, the garage told me that my car needed a new handbrake to pass the MOT.
Tonight, they confessed that the supplier had sent the wrong part and that they didn't notice till they were about to use it!
This afternoon.

So now everything is on hold till they get the right part which they hope will be sometime tomorrow!
"And what time tomorrow do you think the car will be ready?" I asked.
A pause was followed by a slow intake of breath at the other end of the phone.
"Well, maybe by the end of the the day."
There was another pause. I waited.
"If we can get the part in time. . . "

The end of a lovely day.

I should have realised that fly was a bad omen!
I thought it was a weird thing at the time.
This morning. . .

No wait, I'll go back to last night -

Ian and I were in bed. The light was off and the TV had timed out. I'm lying there trying to fall asleep when I begin to hear the drone of a fly closeby.

"Right," I say to myself. "Are you going to put the light on and get this fly out of the room?"

I listened some more.
Buzz . . . but nothing too close.
Ian must be out for the count already because he's doing nothing.

"So if it isn't getting too close?"

I decide to do nothing.
"The lights out," I tell myself, "It'll soon decide it might as well go to sleep too!"

And I picture it high up on the wall, quietly snoozing till the morning and the next thing I know, it is morning!

I'd forgotten all about the fly till I got out of bed and pulled back the cover.
And guess what?

A wee fly awoken by the light, blinked up at me and began to shuffle across the bedsheet towards the edge of the bed!

I kid you not!!

I stared at it moving slowly across the sheet for a moment. Should I scream and smash it to smithereens or pick it up and put it out the window? The thought moved as slowly across my brain as the fly was moving across my bed!

In the end, I threw it out the window!

Weird or what?

I'm off to Inverurie tomorrow to talk to the florist with Carole and we're having lunch first so that'll be nice - Ian says he'll give me a lift.

Ross and I took a wee walk into the village today to get milk and bread. He took a wee bit of a funny turn in the supermarket (I think it was because he's had no coffee fix before he came out) so we went to the new coffee shop and had a coffee and a 'sit down'.

We got the window seat which has swivel chairs! :)

I took this photo yesterday as Ross sat on his own swivel chair!!

No comments: