Sunday, 13 June 2010

Sunday at five oclock - tea time!

It won't be long till it's teatime.
The chilli beans are almost ready and the tortillas are in the oven to warm as we speak. I've calculted that I can eat one tortilla with my beans if I want to have a glass of wine too.

I am totally obsessed by the need to calculate points just now. Points mean pounds! I maintain a regime of no more than eighteen points a day and I lose pounds. I don't see food on my plate anymore I see friends and foes depending on how many points each food is worth.

Cheese is my enemy, carrots are my friend. Can you hear the sobs?

The weight is moving slowly downwards. I weighed in at eleven stone three and a half pounds on Thursday night.

"Well done," said the wee girl who runs the class. "You've lost another pound and a half!'" she added excitedly. "At this rate, by next week you'll have lost half a stone!!"
She gave me a dazzling smile.
I was happy too.

But not ready to return her dazzling smile. No. I contained my merriment by considering how it'll have taken me five weeks to get rid of half a stone and as all perennial dieters know, I could replace it in just half the time :(

Oh woe is me.

Want to see what I had for lunch the day Ross and I took my car to the garage to get new tyres?


Yes, a banana.
Ross assured me his panini with ham and cheese was not good enough for me to covet. Thanks Ross.



Our plan had been to drive the car to the garage, go get necessary shopping from the supermarket, have a bite of lunch and then pick up the car with it's new tyres. Ross would then go to his job in Strachan and I would be dropped off at the hairdressers.

Seemple, yes.
Well yes if the garage had fitted the tyres. Which they hadn't. They'd fitted one.
So Ross and I strode out into the village so's I wasn't late for the hairdressers and he could phone his customer.

I don't know how Ross was, but I had built up a fair heat - enough to make my glasses steam up when I sat down in the hairdressers!

Here we are oblivious to the coming catastrophe and enjoying our lunch together:)



What d'you think. Who's having the most fun?

No comments: