Not since the scales in the bathroom said I am 33% fat and that to remain at the weight I am now, I shouldn't take in more than 1,368 calories a day!
D'you think that can possibly be right?
No, not the bit about me being 33% fat - you can keep that opinion to yourself, thank-you!
The other part - the 1,368 calories.
I told Kelly what the machine said and she said she's amazed at how little I eat but that if it's true, maybe I should consider exercising more!
Let's move quickly on from there, shall we?
We had torrential rain showers three times this afternoon and now the TV isn't working properly - it keeps freezing! So I thought I might as well come and talk to all of you :)
Remember Father's Day at Gary and Carole's? Well here are some more photos I took while we were there. . .
watching the weather forecast at this particular moment from the look of things
The intrepid explorer
I think this was taken just prior to the discovery of the emerging moth
I think this was taken just prior to the discovery of the emerging moth
I bought a couple of books at the supermarket this afternoon. A Lynda La Plante novel called 'Silent Scream'.
I read the first chapter of this one in the carpark at the supermarket before I came home and already the first victim has bitten the dust! Good, huh?
And the other one is' Genesis' by Karin Slaughter.
They were a bargain; each book cost £4.99 but if you bought two, you got them for £8.00! Too good a bargain to miss out on :)
I finished my last book, 'Remarkable Creatures' by Tracy Chevalier? whom I'd never heard of before I found the book, a few days ago and I really am lost without a book on the go.
It was quite good - more character study than an action story which was a bit of a change for me but it was a good read if you took it in small bites.
It was based on the lives of Mary Anning and Elizabeth Philpot who in case you don't know were well known fossil hunters on the south coast of England in the early eighteen hundreds. The book clearly lays out society's attitude to women at that time.
Anyway, enough!
I'm off to check out how Ian is getting on. He has already watched the England Germany match and was in the process of watching the Mexico Argentina match (I think) when I last saw him but he's just called upstairs to see what I'm doing so maybe he plans to watch an episode of 'The Wire' or something!! In which case, I shall finish writing now and join him.
Tra la
And the other one is' Genesis' by Karin Slaughter.
They were a bargain; each book cost £4.99 but if you bought two, you got them for £8.00! Too good a bargain to miss out on :)
I finished my last book, 'Remarkable Creatures' by Tracy Chevalier? whom I'd never heard of before I found the book, a few days ago and I really am lost without a book on the go.
It was quite good - more character study than an action story which was a bit of a change for me but it was a good read if you took it in small bites.
It was based on the lives of Mary Anning and Elizabeth Philpot who in case you don't know were well known fossil hunters on the south coast of England in the early eighteen hundreds. The book clearly lays out society's attitude to women at that time.
Anyway, enough!
I'm off to check out how Ian is getting on. He has already watched the England Germany match and was in the process of watching the Mexico Argentina match (I think) when I last saw him but he's just called upstairs to see what I'm doing so maybe he plans to watch an episode of 'The Wire' or something!! In which case, I shall finish writing now and join him.
Tra la
No comments:
Post a Comment