It's Saturday night, almost twenty to ten and I'm heading for bed. I've eaten all I can so why stay up any longer?
"Whose hungry?" asked the guy on the TV and I found myself answering him... "Me!"
How sad is that?
Did I tell you that I lost the total of two pounds in two weeks this last fortnight?
If one more person says to me, "It's your age," with a sigh, followed by, "The slower it comes off, the slower it'll go back on again."
I'll scream :)
Let's move away from my angst and focus on happier times. . .
Here's a photo of Luca taken on Father's Day.
Can you see what's hanging from his finger?
We were in the garden when he appeared at my side, "Look Granny!" he said.
At first, I couldn't make out what it was. It looked like some sort of maggot but it was hanging onto his finger.
My initial reaction was to scream, and in a frenzy of flapping arms, flick it off his finger and grind it into the ground beneath my shoe.
But I refrained.
On closer inspection, I realised that it was a moth in the process of emerging from it's chrysalis!!
Imagine that. Aged fifty nine, I'm seeing a moth wriggling out of it's chyrsalis for the first time because a three year old is standing there holding it up in front of me.
I've no idea where he found it but it took some convincing to stop him piling stones on top of it to make it a wee house :)
In the end we put it in with Mummy's herbs and left it to finish it's task.
Good luck little moth!
If you are on a diet, might I suggest getting yourself invited to Carole's for dinner. She's a dab hand at light but luscious! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment