It's been a fairly quiet day...
I toddled round to see Anne this morning to check how she's doing and hear how she got on at the physiotherapist yesterday.
Good news!
Things are looking up - she has progressed to elbow crutches and now has lots more exercises to get on with!
Ross and I ate lunch together and I spent the rest of the afternoon in the kitchen... we now have a big pot of carrot and sweet potato soup and the bones of a chicken bought for 'one pound off' yesterday at Costco are busy simmering away in a pot to make some chicken stock.
I picked the meat off the bones but can't decide what to do with it... should I make a chicken and mushroom pie or a curry or perhaps I should split it between cock-a-leekie soup and club sandwiches?
What's the low fat option? No, no not chicken in lettuce leaves or even chicken and stir fried vegetables or chicken in clear soup with noodles and vegetables...
It's cold outside and it's dark half the day!
Alas, it's no wonder my weight is ever increasing!
My appetite is for winter comfort food but I'm sitting in and seldom leaving a warm cosy centrally heated house, I reckon, I hardly move more than a few feet each day.
I really need to up my time out of the house and the amount of exercise I do!! Drastically.
But wait! All is not lost...
Yesterday was my first time at the swimming pool since we stopped for Christmas and I managed my regular twenty lengths... are we impressed?
And now that the snow is disappearing, I can start walking again!
Yes, yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel!
Changing the subject quickly, you never did see my photos from last week, when we drove along to the Potarch bridge because nobody fancied journeying over to Westhill in all the snow, to swim.
The little picket fence looks lovely topped with snow, don't you think?
And here's a picture of my swimming buddies with the bridge in the background - Elizabeth to the left, Myra in the middle and Jill on the right.
Myra had suggested we go to the bridge because someone had told her the river was frozen right over just at the bridge.
Just a wee bit, huh?
I took these photos from the bridge.
We didn't go down to check how thick the ice was, just incase we misjudged the river bank and ended up in the river!
Now, can't you feel the cosy central heating keeping the freezing teperatures outside at bay, in this photo?!
No comments:
Post a Comment