Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Tuesday 5th January

I've been away spending some quality time with Ian in snowy Perthshire and if you look at Ian's blog you can check out some of the fun we had...

Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera out with me most of the time so the only photos I have are of Ian in the hotel bar on our last evening. Sorry.

What is my favourite memory of the trip?
I think I would need to say it was reaching the top of the Birks o' Aberfeldy.
Although if truth be told it nearly killed me!
My legs are still sore every time I move them!

Did you see the photo of my descent... literally.
That was my second fall.
My first happened near the top. Ian told me to hold onto the wire fence at the side because the path was so slippy. So I did. I held on really tight.
Unfortunately my feet went from under me and I found myself in the horizontal position, submerged in a foot of snow but still hanging on tight to the wire fence.
You told me to hang on, Ian!
"Yes," said Ian as with a gentlemanly flourish he helped me regain the vertical,"but you're supposed to let go when you actually fall!"

My second fall was too much for Ian. The gentleman had had enough.
Whoops, my feet went from under me again and down I went. Bonked my head on the ground too!
But where was the sympathy? Where was the helping hand?
Nowhere!
Instead it was, "Do you never listen to me? I said not to walk down that particular way!" and he got out his camera and took a photo before striding off!

I couldn't get up!
Between my hysterical fit of the giggles and the fact that the path was incredibly slippy. I was forced to slide down the remainder of the slope on my backside.
The seat of my jeans got soaked!!

Now here is a sweet little video I took at luca's birthday lunch.
He's playing a game that he got for Christmas.



...And here are some photos from the same day.


Those balloons created peals of hysterical laughter as they were bounced around the room...



... and well, a picnic on the livingroom carpet in the middle of winter? As they say in the Midnight Garden.... what a pip!
Good idea, Mummy!

No comments: