Sunday, 10 January 2010

Sunday 10th January


This is my attempt at artistic photography... what do you think?


It's been pretty cold today in the house.

We've had all the doors closed to keep the heat in each room and this afternoon, even with the heating on, I was wearing a teashirt below a woollen jumper below a hoody with my big pure wool shawl scarf on top.

The hall and stairs were freezing cold.

I had to check to believe the heating was on!

Ross says it had gone off with the timer while I was out at mass and probably that time period which elapsed before he put it on again caused the core temperature in the house to drop! Could be.

Much better now, thank goodness.

It was such a beautiful morning, I took my camera with me to church. The sky was blue and the air was crisp and cold...

I just had to take a photo of these icicles hanging from the guttering to let you see,





and the frozen railings...


That's Guilia standing at the foot of the stairs ready to catch anyone who slips on the ice and skites down the steps!

and the icicle bush against the wall...



Myra says she knew someone who was killed when an icicle dropped just as they were walking underneath it and because of the size and weight it was driven right into their brain!

What do you think?
Was she telling porky pies?

We went to Anne's for coffee this morning, seeing as she is still unsure on her feet and in this weather is frightened to go out.
And look what we found!
More icicles!




We thought it was better to rush straight into the house, just in case Myra's story was true!

If you look closely, you can see Johanne waving out from just inside the house. I think she looks stronger now that she's had her battery replaced and everyone agreed that her voice is much clearer and even a bit louder than it was!

No comments: