Friday, 8 January 2010

Friday 8th January

It didn't snow last night so my sweeping of the drive yesterday was not in vain!

I decided there was too much snow for me to shovel it all away so I got out our big garden broom and swept as much snow as I could over to the edges to give us, if not a clear driveway, at least one that isn't rutted by car tracks.

I thought I had done very well... after all I had worked up a sweat doing it and I was sure it was going to make getting in and out of the drive a lot easier but (woe is me) Ian was unimpressed :(

In fact he didn't even notice when he came in and when I looked for my pat on the back, started to describe to me how to clear a drive properly.

Och well, you win some - you lose some.

Yesterday was Anne's return visit to the hospital to let the doctors look at her ankle and the news was good. The stooky is off and and she is now sporting an inflatable ankle brace which she can take off at night and when she has a shower or a bath...hurrah!

On the way back we stopped in at the Raemoir Garden Centre for lunch... they do a nice line in comfortable wheelchairs which stand at the entrance waiting for folk like us to use them!

It was quite a surprise to see a huge 'Spring' display facing us as we came in - lots of daffodils with bouncing bunny rabbits and frolicking lambs... we were quite taken aback by the garish yellows and oranges, purples and blues - somehow it felt all wrong - maybe not quite the theme to suit the weather conditions outside, mmm?!

The temperatures were very low last night according to the man on the radio this morning. He was urging people to phone in and tell him what the temperature was where they were. The lowest was -21degrees. But that was somewhere in the Highlands. The woman said her backdoor was frozen shut. She couldn't get it open!

I took these photos from the bedroom window when it was starting to get light yesterday morning. What do you think... the scene was beautiful - not sure it's been captured by the camera? Can you see the moon in the first two?




At last - you will all be glad to know - we are on the last leg of the turkey... well actually not the last leg literally - what i mean is the turkey is almost 'no more'!
The soup made from the bones has one more day left in it!
Yesterday we added butter beans, peas and curry powder to the basic vegetable soup and today? What will I add today to make it just that wee bit different?
Any suggestions?

No comments: