Tuesday, 5 May 2009

Tuesday evening

Short entry...just to say
1. Craig, I assume you took the recent photos on your blog - they are so beautiful!! :)
and...
2. Kelly, would you turn your head to the left and have another photo taken...colour is very nice, by the way.

It looks as though you've had your hair cut in that 'Mary Quant' look with one side short and the other side longer!



What do you think of my photos of nature...I know - not a patch on the master in Cornwall, but I'm doing my best :)

I don't recognise the plant in the photo above, any budding botanists out there who could help identify it?



The photo above here is of the Hawthorn tree and the ones below are the sycamore, in case you didn't know.



Flowers on trees are fascinating me just now.
I've always been aware of the flowers on the cherry blossom etc but the big 'ordinary' trees?

I just didn't give much thought - apart from the horse chestnut which has those huge spikes that you can't miss.

I knew the other trees had them but quite honestly, I couldn't have described them because I'd never noticed them!



It's been a funny old day.
The boys had kindly left me the pots from last night's tea to wash this morning... with last night's potatoes and lamb (basted in honey and unidentified herbs) DRIED onto them!

It took me an HOUR to clean the girdle and heaven knows how the non stick I've spent years building up, has faired!!!

No more complaining, I'm done...I'm going to look on the positive... the mashed potatoes that Ross made for tea last night were very nice!


Derek, Ross' pal, appeared just after lunch time so I woke Ross for the second time, but ended up spending an hour and a half coffeeing with Derek waiting for his majesty to emerge.

He did eventually which was just as well as I had organised to pop up to see Johanne for a coffee before I went to the doctors...

When I got back, Ross told me he had seen a job in Bridge of Don that he was going to apply for.

"I'm overqualified for it," he said,
"...and it will be very boring," he continued,
"...but it's a job."

"Great!" I said,
"Go for it," I urged.
" It's a job!" I echoed.

Fingers crossed.

No comments: