| Julie, Leo and Mary at the tearoom after Leo's graduation |
Actually it's not technically Paisley anymore :( . Mary's in Elderslie and Julie's Houston.
Well, I'm heading back down for a few days at the beginning of October. Just after Mary's birthday actually. She's the third and I'm going on the fifth. Which reminds me I've still to book my train ticket.
Note to self - speak to Ian. Is he still coming down on the Friday?Will I need a single or a return? Life is so complicated, isn't it? :)
But, no that isn't the reason.
I got a text from Julie yesterday to say that the twins will be making their First Communion on the 20th May 2012 and she hoped we'd be able to make it down.
It seems no time at all since they were christenend :)
Anyway, what else has been going on?
TUESDAY
Gary didn't have any football on Tuesday and appeared not long after Luca and I had eaten our tea.
We had prawns. Luca likes prawns so it was a safe bet. I ate mine on a baguette with some salad and he ate his with animal potatoes - Birds Eye frozen chips by another name - but I reckon they have more potato than ordinary chips :) - and grapes.
"Have you eaten?" Gary asked. "I thought I might take the pair of you down to Morrisons for tea!"
The last of the big spenders!
Conveniently late, huh Gary?
I should confess here however, that this would have been something that Luca would have liked.
Luca and I had been into Morrisons to get a few things after school and had dropped into the cafe for a drink before we went home. Their coffee's not bad. And it's amazing how many people do eat their tea there!
THURSDAY
Thursday's swimming was hard going. I'm really not back into it properly yet since my holidays. I'm certainly still a bit creaky. But it was good fun spending time with Gill and Elizabeth and don't forget the cinnamon swirl danish pastry and coffee. . . guilt free because of the 30 lengths. My mantra as I swam up and down that pool on Thursday was, 'cinnamon bun. . . cinnamon bun . . .'
When I got home there was a white van sitting in the drive. Curious I thought.
I looked at the man in the van and he looked at me.
I frowned a question, "What are you doing parked on my drive?"
He smiled and pointed to the house with the question on his face, "You live here?"
I nodded and got out of the car.
He got out of the van and as we faced each other, I realised I came face to middle shirt button with one of the tallest man I have ever met. I felt like a child again!
It was Ian's chair's repair man. So that was fine. He was early. I hadn't expected him till six thiry and by luck I was home just after five. He said he'd finished his other jobs early and was settling down to wait till I got home.
I just had to share this with you because of the man's height. My goodness, he was tall!
FRIDAY
What a day!! What a terrible day. The rain never stopped. So after I got home from doing my turn at the West Church, I decided I wasn't going out again.
The realisation that tea would end up being ginger nut biscuits, the same as breakfast and lunch urged me on to go to the supermarket. I could always get a ready meal - wasn't in the mood to cook, dull rainy days can do that to a buddy.
So I got on the shoes and coat, picked up the shopping bag and headed out of the door to the car. Which wasn't there. After a moment's confusion, I remembered. I had put it into the garage on Thursday for a service and it was still there!!
Don't worry, the situation is resolved and Ross and I had Morrison's Chicken Korma and naan bread for tea.
I spent all my viewing time catching up with the serial I'd recorded and hadn't watched - The Killing. I was up till half eleven to get to the end and blow me - they left the ending open!! I still amn't one hundred per cent sure who the murderer was!!
"And a new series of The Killing will be coming in the new year," said the cheery voice as the credits scrolled up. Grrrr
And here I am. Up to date. It's half eleven and I'm still in my jammies.
It's been dry since I got up this morning and I do see a hint of sunshine on the back wall of the garden :)
Hope Ian's getting some dry time down in the Lake District.
Love to all :)
No comments:
Post a Comment