Saturday, 10 September 2011

Saturday afternoon

I've come upstairs for a while to sidestep the temptation that is the custard doughnuts brought home by Ian along with rolls for lunch, after he discovered that the golf course was closed because of the rain.

I had one after my roll'n'bacon at lunch time. Delicious! Ian had two and Ross declined - he is going to be surrounded by cakes at work this afternoon (working one till close), he said. As though that was a reason not to have one?

So there are two left in the bag!!

Ian left about ten minutes ago to go to the Camra meeting up at The Legion and no sooner had the door closed behind him than my feet walked me into the kitchen and my hands opened the doughnut bag and my nose inhaled the aroma of deep frying and sugar . . .

And now I'm up here in Luca's room typing:
 I will not succumb to temptation!!

Ok here goes. . .
Tuesday was a success. I was amongst the first folk in the school playground and Luca and I spent some time in the park before heading home for tea.

"I'm a big boy now," he told me as we fastened him into the car seat. "This is a baby seat!"

Mum and Dad have upgraded to 'big boy carseats'
I guess that's me told.

We all know that Ross was 28 on Wednesday and that we sang Happy Birthday and blew out candles and ate cake. The photo evidence being on Ian's blog.

So, onto Thursday which was a bit of a worry. It was my first visit back to Weight Watchers since coming back from holiday and my free pass was on the line. . . the worry compounded by birthday cake on Wednesday and post swimming cinnamon swirl danish pastry on Thursday afternoon :(

Ten stone three and a half pounds. Safe but not much room for manouvering.

Enough, let's change the subject!
Here are some blasts from the past, Gary!
I found them in the folder I'd made called, Gary. Started it round about your birthday and had forgotten all about it! The seventies' photos I did upload but not these from the eighties

Your first Hogmany -at Granny and Granda Stewart's
From the look of you, we should have waited for another year! You're as white as a ghost.
 Our first Christamas in Edinburgh
You would have been about Luca's age then. I think that Christmas tree in the background might be the same one that Ian and I bought in 1972. Did we really keep it that long?
 October holiday in Majorca
Was that our first venture into the world of hotels? I think it might have been. Meal times in the hotel were buffet style which made for interesting combinations. Didn't it Kelly!!
Our first Christmas in Banchory
What is that your holding, Gary? I can't make it out. There's your piano to the right in the photo, Lucy. And check out the computer behind you all!
Northern Spain
This was the year we went to the South of France on holiday and drove along the coast into Spain on a day trip. Ross was very car sick on the journey. My abiding image is of us sitting on the ground at the side of the road in the scortching heat watching the ants carry off what Ross had just thrown up!
 Our First trip to America
You sat beside me, Gary on the flight over and even then you took up more than your fair share of room. At one point on the journey, you got a bit restless and in the course of shuffling about, my coffee landed on my lap! The big brown stain on the front of trousers was bad enough getting off the plane, but since our luggage had been delayed in London, I had to wear the same trousers + stain the next day :(    D'you notice how we're all squinting in the bright sunshine? Not used to it, you see :)


Time to go! speak to you all again soon, hopefully.

No comments: