Eventually I must have fallen asleep but I wakened again at about four.
Now this in itself was not an uncommon event - but when I lay down again I became aware that my pillow was drumming like a machine gun. I lay there till it drove me nuts and then I investigated.
It wasn't rocket science to work out what was going on.
Ross.
I stomped down the stairs, found him on his computer playing some computer game and gave him a piece of my mind. He turned the volume down and I went back upstairs - still fuming.
But aren't we all our own worst enemy. Back upstairs I tossed and turned. Every time I closed my eyes, my mind started berating Ross all over again for staying up so late playing games, how he wasn't taking a responsible attitude to his work blah, blah, blah.
And the longer I kept my eyes closed, the more I thought of to add to my tirade and the more wound up I became.
D'you know what saved me and calmed me down enough to sleep? I sat up and told him everything I was thinking. Even the stuff I've never said but have thought. No he wasn't there but hearing my voice in my ears did the trick!!
I would definitely recommend this strategy to anyone :)
![]() |
| . . . and here he is, the present bane of my life at a less stressful time in our relationship :) A lot of water under the bridge since then! |

No comments:
Post a Comment