We made it!
Aberdeen to Grants Pass. . . actually, the journey wasn't as bad as I'd prepared myself for!
Ross - poor wee lad that he - and I hope I can use the past tense here - was, had come down with a 'shivery shaky, muscles achy' bug on Wednesday last, and he had volunteered to take us to the airport at five o'clock on the Thursday morning!!
"I'll manage," he'd said when Ian had suggested we should create a plan B, and he did :) Always knew that stubborn streak would come in handy some day :)
The flight to London was uneventful. The cooked breakfast of sausage, bacon and scrambled egg being squeezed in between taking off and landing.
And the big flight?
We had really good seats. Front row in our compartment meant that we had more leg room than anybody. I could stretch my legs straight out in front of me.
Overnight in Los Angelos. We set every alarm we could for six to make sure we got up in time for our flights on Friday and in the end we were both wide awake by five having spent the night waking up, telling ourselves it was still too early to get up and lying there willing ourselves to 'go to sleeeep again!'
But, I am so upset. . . I did it again :(
The song says, I left my heart in San Francisco, yes?
Well, guess who left her coat in Los Angelos?
Yep. Unbelievable isn't it?
Numpty now has a coat in Sydney and another in Los Angelos!
I think I left it over the back of the seat I sat on to have breakfast in the airport.
Ian has filled in a lost property form on line for me but the form states they will only be in touch if the coat is handed in and so far we've heard nothing :(
Anyway, thumbs up for Portland airport. Do not be afraid to land there en route to somewhere else. It's bright and airy and has a really good eating place, Gustav's. Excellent German sausages and tasty beers. Dare I say, we had a nice time there?
Yes, we did!
So here we are! And here is Braeden!
A little aside? I have already put on three pounds since I got here. But don't worry. I factored this in before I came. I still have another two pounds to play with :)

No comments:
Post a Comment