Friday, 27 May 2011

Friday morning, 27th May

Happy Birthday, Lucy!
Although, technically, Lucy, you can't start celebrating your birthday till nine o'clock tonight!
Hope you have a lovely day!!


Never dreamed for a moment all those years ago that you would end up living in the land of the cowboys, sob sob :(

I've been looking through the old photos from when Lucy was young and apart from the fact that the composition of so many of them is terrible, many of the photos are starting to fade or disappear into an orange haze :(
New technologies always throw up problems, I suppose. And colour was definitely a new technology back then. Why, Ian's and my wedding photos are in black and white. . . we weren't willing to cough up for expensive colour ones and on reflection I'm really glad.
So here we go. . . the best of a bad lot!!

Ian and Lucy in the back garden of our first home together. We lived in Chryston in Lanarkshire.

By the time this photo was taken, we were living in Broxbourne. You were such a wee cutie in those days :)

I played around with this one. It was taken in 1979. This is an easy one to date because it was definitely the year that Kelly was born so that would make you six, Lucy!

And this one was taken the day Dawn married Michael. That's us outside Dawns house in - I think it was Coatbridge.


I know the quality of this one is dreadful, but I thought you might like to have it, seeing as your Granny and Granda Stewart are in it. It must be a Christmas - check out the party hats - but when? Sometime in the late eighties? I'm not sure.


That's key lime pie that you're eating and you are sitting in Orlando Airport waiting to catch a flight home. Do you remember?

Carole, Liz and Luca are heading off to Lochinver today for a wee holiday. Liz travelled up on Wednesday and she and Carole were going to get organised yesterday so's it could be anchors away this morning.
When I was in Inverurie on Tuesday night, Gary came in with a wee bucket and spade set for Luca :) . . .  fingers crossed they get good weather and the bucket and spade get lots of use.

No comments: