Saturday, 21 May 2011

Saturday 21st May

Made it at last. It's been a struggle getting back here again!
It feels as though the more the time gap between entries grows, the harder it becomes to actually sit down and begin writing.

But I've had my roll'n'sausage with squirty mustard for lunch and I finally managed to watch the final CSI episode in the vast collection that had built up on the hard drive since that fateful day that I thought, "I think I'll start recording CSI because I'm always missing them."  !!!!

At one point, there were 14 waiting to be watched and the memory was running out of space!

However, here we are. If wee Kelly can finally hit the keys again then so can I! :)
Talking of Kelly, I can't let your birthday go unmentioned, can I? So here's some images of you, bonnie lass :)

Scarborough beach.
This was one of the few dry days we got. Ask Gary about this holiday and he will tell you it was one of the best he was ever on.
I loved that wee dress, by the way - you look so cute in it, Kelly :) And look at those little chubby wrists :)
Kelly's fifth birthday. Can you see the green tupperware cup on the table. Does Tupperware, the business, still exist? you never hear about it these days. Used to be everybody had cupboards full of the stuff. I've still got my Tupperware orange peelers! :)
Do you remember asking for this photo to be taken? Kelly and the flowers! Gary was more interested in getting into the jelly :)
Norway.
I loved this holiday! We travelled a lot in the red Volvo which was Ian's car at the time and since we aren't good travellers, everybody except Ian took pills every morning. Ian reckons he was on his own for the whole of that holiday. He drove through Norway with a car full of folk totally zonked out.We don't look zonked out in this photo, do we?
At home
Two wee cuties and a plant that's long since died off! What age were you then, Kelly? About 16, maybe?
The wedding! :)I can see Aunt Mary in her 'pink fascinat' in the background - is that how you spell it? The cross between a fascinator and a hat?
Picked Luca up on Tuesday from Nursery as usual but this week, he was staying the night because Mummy and Daddy were going to the cinema after work. 'Were' being the operative word. They didn't actually make it because Gary was called into work so poor Carole got a quick stop somewhere for tea and ended up back at home all on her own:(

 Thursday had Luca back again. Vomitting all over the Nursery school carpet gets you a 48 hour suspension so Granny Jo took the Thursday shift and Mummy took the Friday.
And Luca bounced his way through both days.
You do realise, don't you, that this is a family of giraffes. Please note the beautiful flowers on their heads. You should hear Luca saying - beautiful - it's a hoot!
Note the multi-tasking. . . watching Tom and Jerry and playing with lego :) Watching Tom and Jerry and working on the computer :)  Choose your character!! :) Luca or Granda Ian :)
This picture was taken on Wednesday just before lunch time on the day he vomitted all over the nursery.

Sniffs'n'sneezes and dripping tap noses are abounding just now thanks to the very pretty yellow crop in the fields all over the shire . . .

And here's the culprit - rapeseed oil. The only thing I'd say on its behalf is that it is stunningly beautiful when you see a field of it bathed in sunshine. Yes?






No comments: