Sunday, 12 June 2011

Sunday 12th June




The scent of the azaleas lining the side of the road as you come into our street,  has been gorgeous for a couple of weeks now :)

BLAST from the PAST

I thought, "I wonder what is in my file marked 2001." So I had a wee look. I remember this!!

We've had a lot of showery weather recently and are having sun and showers again today but yesterday was awful. It was pouring at breakfast time, bucketing at lunchtime and torrential by teatime!
Cold, dismally dull and wet :(

Carole appeared at lunchtime to pick up Luca and stayed till teatime which was lovely. Luca had stayed the night before with us to let Gary and Carole go to a fortieth birthday celebration at The Foyer in Crown Street.

The Foyer was, according to Carole, wonderful - well worth a visit but Gary was a bit of a let down. He was 'on call' (he's 'on call' every other week end) and as per usual  'was called', so Carole ended up at the dinner alone :(

Looks like you missed out on a really lovely meal, Gary!

Luca used his bathtime on Friday night to get to grips with volume. Here he is working out which holds more - the old plastic beaker or the empty mouthwash bottle :)




It's the bottle, in case you're interested. Of course that was a large mouthwash bottle. It would have been a different story had it been the medium size or even the small.  
Make note: buy 'other sizes' of mouthwash to complete the experiment.


I had chummed Carole to Luca's 'graduation', the other week. Yes, I know the kids probably didn't know what it was all about but for the adults it was so cute. . . their little morterboards had elastic around the edge to hold them on :)
My hands were obviosly shaking with the excitement of the occasion. Sorry :(
That's better. Now where is he? Brilliant I've snapped just as he's bent down :(
What on earth is he doing with his tassle and why is this photo so blurred? I give up!
 When it was Luca's turn to be presented with his certificate, all went well until he stood to have his photo taken.

He held his certificate right in front of his face. I can see the sense in that - he was thinking the photo was of the certificate, yes? So where else would you hold it?

This line of 'Luca thought' became more apparent when having been told to put it down, he did. . . right down on the ground - but still facing out to the camera.

So now the photographer has a view of the top of his head as he holds the certificate ready for the photo . . .
 People should be more specific, shouldn't they?

No comments: