Here's the gingerbread house in question:-
I took a photo of it before we dug in!
Moulin is a lovely wee place just outside Pitlochry. The church, the inn and a few cottages are all crowded into the tightest little space surrounding a tiny square. I love it.
We've been there several times before. The Inn has it's own brewery hence why it was chosen as our meeting place!! But apart from the beer, it's a cosy wee place with real log fires crackling away in the bar and the restaurant and the food is good - plain fare - but very good all the same!
I had haddock in beer batter with chips and a couple of half pints of Braveheart beer. Ian had haggis, Helen and Dawn had steak pie and Barry had 'The Scotsman's Bonnet' which was like a huge yorkshire pudding with stew in it. Now why on earth would you call a yorkshire pudding a Scotsman's Bonnet??
"It's amazing how folk tend to choose really stodgy food when the weather gets cold," said Dawn.
Too right - salad just doesn't do it for me when the weather is like this!
By the way, Ian is in both these photos. Can you see him?
The boys rushed out to have their photo taken with it!!
Aviemore was fun albeit very cold. In fact I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience including the journey over!
Ian picked me up at the house around two and our drive over the Lecht was just lovely. Quite beautiful because of all the snow. Here are a few of the photos I took on the way over. The skies were awe-inspiring and my photos only give you a hint of what we saw! You just can't capture it with the camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment